Welcome to Santa Lucia School, a 1st through 8th grade private school! We invite you to linger a while, learn more about us, and consider how our philosophy and values resonate with your own.
Located on 5 acres of wooded property, bounded on one side by a creek and founded on principles of Peace Education and the development the whole child, Santa Lucia has been serving families on the Central Coast for over 30 years.
Santa Lucia at a Glance
- Established 1985
- 48 students
- 6 teachers
- A well-rounded academic curriculum enlivened by the arts, music, movement, science, mathematics, and language arts
- Students attend school Monday – Thursday with an at-home prepared Independent Study packet each week
- Campus of 5 acres with a creek nestled in the wooded area and an outdoor stage for arts, playing fields, several classroom buildings, in a quiet neighborhood community
- A safe learning environment that fosters creativity and healthy social interaction
- Governance through teacher, parent, and Board involvement
- Daily outdoor activities in nature and weekly creek excursions
- Student evaluation via individualized student reports and parent-teacher conferences, with formal grade transcripts in the middle school eighth year for easy transfer into any high school
Like Waldorf schools, we believe that imagination is key to learning. Our imagination helps us make the leaps needed to consider and understand the world in new ways. Like Reggio Emilia schools, we are focused on experiential learning based upon principles of respect and responsibility to the community including our school and our world.
Following the retirement of our founder a few years ago, we now have a new generation of experienced, like minded educators at the school who are bringing new ideas and perspectives to enhance the rich, authentic, engaging, learning opportunities that have been the hallmark of the school.